Thirty-seven Western Connecticut State University graduates of the Master of Fine Arts program will present their works in the M.F.A. Alumni Art Exhibition running from Aug. 30 through Sept. 18 in the Art Gallery at the Visual and Performing Arts Center on the university’s Westside campus, 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury.
A reception to celebrate the opening of the exhibition will be from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 1, at the gallery. Admission will be free to the reception and the exhibition, and the public is invited. The gallery will be open for viewing from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
The WCSU Department of Art has organized the exhibition to showcase selections from the recent creations of alumni who earned their M.F.A. in Visual Arts degrees at Western from 2002 through 2016. Participants in the show include four alumni who earned M.F.A. degrees with a concentration in illustration, and 33 alumni who pursued a concentration in painting.
Featured M.F.A. recipients with a concentration in illustration, listed by year of their master’s degree award, are:
- M.F.A. class of 2010: David Ferreira, of New Haven. (photo 4)
- M.F.A. class of 2011: Bonnie Rose Wrigley, of Canterbury.
- M.F.A. class of 2013: Karin Mansberg, of Bethel.
- M.F.A. class of 2016: Lauren Reeves, of Orange.
Participants who earned the M.F.A. with a concentration in painting, listed by year of their master’s degree award, include:
- M.F.A. class of 2002: Ival Stratford Kovner, of Bethel.
- M.F.A. class of 2006: H.K. Anne, of Haymarket, Virginia.
- M.F.A. class of 2007: Gulgun Aliriza, of Carmel, New York; Dave Cerne, of Frontenac, Kansas; Susan Lozoraitis, of Worcester, Massachusetts; and Betty Ann Medeiros, of Danbury.
- M.F.A. class of 2010: Betsy Davidson, of Bethel (photo 1); Brie McDonald, of Bristol; Tom Reilly, of New Haven; and Jill Sarver, of Bridgeport (photo 2).
- M.F.A. class of 2011: Isabelle Day, of Milford; Kevin Dunn, of Wilmington, North Carolina; Douglas Friday, of Denver, Colorado; Sarah Stewart, of New Haven; and Eileen Tavolacci, of Redding.
- M.F.A. class of 2012: Amy Almeida, of New Fairfield; Tiffany Johnson, of Danbury; and Megan Marden, of Danbury.
- M.F.A. class of 2013: Pamela Boily, of Sandy Hook; Antonio Luis Rosario Carvalho, of Danbury (photo 3); and Sheri Schwartz, of Southington.
- M.F.A. class of 2014: Katie Bassett, of Bethel; Andrew Campbell, of Island Park, New York; and Miranda Girard, of Astoria, New York.
- M.F.A. class of 2015: Kerri Gaudelli, of New Milford; Kanika Khurana, of Danbury; Stacey Kolbig, of New Fairfield; Colleen McGuire, of Sharon; Jill Nichols, of Shelton; Peri Pfenninger, of Stratford; and Corinne Seidel, of Newtown.
- M.F.A. class of 2016: Charles Hollinger, of Washington, Connecticut.
For more information, contact the Department of Art at (203) 837-8403 or the Office of University Relations at (203) 837-8486.