Through a camera lens, Milford Point is a captivating location to all who enjoy photographing nature at its best.
Magnificent migrating birds over Long Island Sound. Spectacular sunsets over the tidal marsh. Glistening sea grass by the boardwalk Close-ups of marine life in a tide pool.
To showcase and share treasured images of this special place, we invite you to enter the Coastal Center’s 25th Anniversary Photo Contest.
In partnership with Milford Photo, the contest is an opportunity to have your work recognized, to support Center programs, and to highlight the wildlife, environment and visitors of the Coastal Center over the past 25 years.
The contest is open to all amateur photographers excluding staff and board members of Connecticut Audubon Society.
Photographs must be taken over the last 25 years at the Coastal Center. This would include the Center Building and grounds such as the marsh observation platform, Long Island Sound observation platform, outer platform, and adjoining sandbar.
- The Environment–Landscapes/Seascapes
- People in Nature
- Youth Photographers for ages 18 and younger
Entry Fee: As part of the 25th Anniversary fundraising effort, your submission fee provides important support for this truly special nature center and its ongoing efforts in conservation and education.
- $25 fee per photograph submitted for adults (over age 18).
- $10 fee per photograph submitted for Youth Category (ages 18 years and younger).
- Each photographer is limited to a maximum of 5 submissions.
- Click here to pay your submission fee.
- Please note that submission fees are fully tax-deductible and will support the Coastal Center at Milford Point.
How to Submit Your Photographs:
- Must be high resolution JPEG files
- Please use standard format: Last Name_category_email address_submission(number 1-5 for multiple submissions)
- All submissions must be made no later 3/26/2021
- Each category will award a first, second, and third prize.
- There will be one Grand Prize awarded to one of the first place winners from the four categories.
First place winners will receive a $100 store gift certificate to Milford Photo.
Second place winners will receive a $50 store gift certificate to Milford Photo
Third place winners will receive a $25 store gift certificate to Milford Photo.
The Grand Prize winner will receive a Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD telephotos lens valued at $799 compatible with Cannon and Nikon cameras (or a 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD lens valued at $499 for Sony cameras).
- All entries will be viewed by professional photographers selected by Milford Photo.
- Winners will be announced and notified no later than April 15, 2021.
Winning photos will be highlighted on Connecticut Audubon Society and Milford Photo websites.
With the submitter’s permission, winning photos will be featured in a 2022 calendar that will be sold to support the Coastal Center.