In this week's episode of Minute with the Mayor, Milford Mayor Ben Blake talks with Deepa Joseph, Milford's Health Director, about the lifting of COVID restrictions by the State of Connecticut.
As the rate of infection of COVID-19 continues to fall, Governor Lamont has begun a phase-out of most restrictions, beginning tomorrow, May 1st. A second phase of easing will remove most remaining restrictions on May 19th. However, the indoor mask rule will remain in effect until further notice. Details are as follows:
Effective Saturday, May 1, 2021
- The curfew for restaurants, entertainment venues, recreation venues, and theaters will be moved back one hour to 12:00 am midnight.
- Bars that do not serve food can open for service - OUTDOOR ONLY. Food is still required when serving alcohol indoors.
- The 8-person per table limit will be lifted - OUTDOOR ONLY. The limit remains in effect for indoor dining.
Effective Wednesday, May 19, 2021
- All remaining business restrictions will end.
- Indoor mask requirement will continue.
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) will issue recommendations for indoor and large outdoor events (e.g., concerts).
Visit the City of Milford online here.