Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo is proud to announce its second non-juried photography exhibition will be held online this year, an opportunity for the Zoo’s many dedicated amateur and professional photographers to submit their best work for public viewing. Photographers are invited to upload their submissions at https://www.beardsleyzoo.org/photography-exhibition.html. Judging will take place the first week in August, with a Facebook Live Winners Presentation held afterward.
- Each photographer can submit three photos, with a $10 fee per photo.
- Photos must include animals from Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo. They may be older photos from a previous year as well as current photos.
- Milford Photo will provide First, Second, and Third prizes in the form of gift certificates to the store. First prize is $200, second prize is $100, and third prize is $50.
- In addition to the judged photos, a People’s Choice will be selected. The general public can vote on their favorite by making a one-dollar donation for each vote.
- Photos are due to be submitted by July 31, 2020.
- For the best quality for viewing the photos online, the recommended image size is 1088 x 816 pixels with a maximum file size of 1MB.
“Art is a natural way for people to express their love of animals and appreciation of nature,” said Zoo Director Gregg Dancho. “Our second Photography Goes Wild online exhibit helps to showcase the stunning diversity of species at the Zoo, and we hope, encourage people to focus on preserving wild habitats and animal conservation in new ways.”
In preparation for the Exhibit, a Zoom photography class will be offered by experienced animal photographer and Zoo Volunteer, Jack Bradley. Date and details to be provided online.
About Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo:
Let your curiosity run wild! Connecticut's only zoo, celebrating its 98th anniversary this year, features 300 animals representing primarily North and South American species. Guests won't want to miss our critically endangered Amur tigers and leopards, and Mexican and red wolves. Other highlights include the new Farmyard, Spider monkey habitat, the prairie dog exhibit, plus the Pampas Plains featuring maned wolves, Chacoan peccaries and Giant anteaters. Guests must buy tickets in advance at www.beardsleyzoo.org, and bring and wear a mask. Children under two do not need masks. For more information, visit beardsleyzoo.org.
About Milford Photo
Since its founding in 1995, Milford Photo continues to be the go-to location for the photo enthusiast in Connecticut. From selling the top lines in cameras, lenses and accessories to providing reprint, enlargement, graphic imagery or photo instruction for photographers of all levels, the crew at Milford Photo works hard to provide the best in product and service to their clients. www.milfordphoto.com