The Town Council will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, November 16th at 6:00 pm on a proposed cell tower on Town-owned property at 769 Ponus Ridge Road approximately 900 feet behind West School.
At the November 16th meeting, the Town Council will hear presentations about the need for improved cell service on the West side of town from Homeland Towers and Verizon Wireless, which are proposing to construct the tower, and from the Town’s first responders and others.
The Town Council intends to hold one or more subsequent public hearings in November and December on health and other concerns about the proposed location of the tower.
Below are various resources about the proposed West cell tower, the Town’s efforts to improve cell service throughout town in the last decade and the need for improved service on the West side of town:
1) New Canaan West Master Concept Site Plan
2) New Canaan West FCC Compliance Report
3) View shed map for proposed West cell tower
4) Homeland Towers Telecommunications Infrastructure Plan – May 2016
5) Centerline Solutions Cellular Coverage Analysis of New Canaan - 12/1/14
6) Improving Cellular Coverage in New Canaan
8) New Canaan Wireless Policy - 3/3/2014