Russ Kimes, New Canaan Director of Emergency Management reports that due to the high winds, as of 3:00 pm, there are 345 outages reported by Eversource in New Canaan, which is 4.04% of customers. This number is down from a high of 763 outages, or 8.94%.
Visit Eversource Outage Map here.
Kimes says that his team is aware of Optimum internet outages in town, reported to include parts of Route 123, East Avenue and areas of the downtown business district.
A list of road closures is available on the Town of New Canaan OEM site, which can be reached at facebook.com/NewCanaanEmergencyManagement.
Town of New Canaan says:
- There are 9 roads currently closed with 2 that have been cleared for a total of 11 during this event.
- There are 7 Eversource crews actively working in New Canaan currently. Any road closure with wires involved have been reported to Eversource who are prioritizing response across their service area.
- We remind everyone to treat any line down as being live – and you should always stay as far away as possible. Do not drive over downed power lines, or remove barricades or police tape blocking roads. You will potentially could put other people at risk of serious injury or death.
- Call 911 in the event of an emergency. Eversource can be contacted to report outages at 1-800-286-2000. Police can be contacted with non-emergencies at 203-594-3500 and the Office of Emergency Management can be contacted at 203-594-4101
Road closures are reported at:
• North Wilton Road @ Bald Hill Road
• 201 Colonial Hill Road
• 166 Cross Ridge Road
• 170 Weed Street
• 56 Willowbrook
• 56 Pequot Lane
• 398 Valley Road
• 65 Mill Road
• 476 Silvermine Road (being cleared now)
• 22 Ponus Ridge Road
• 344 Silvermine Road