Police Issue Traffic Advisory: New Canaan Memorial Day Parade on Monday
The Memorial Day Parade is scheduled for Monday, May 31, 2021, with activities beginning at 9 AM and going past 10:45 AM.
Participants are asked to follow the Parade Protocol prepared by the VFW Memorial Day Parade Committee.
Due to COVID-19 conditions and continued roadwork on lower Main Street, this year’s parade route will be as follows:
- Assembly at Saint Mark’s Church parking lot begins at 9:00 AM
- Parade starts at 9:30 AM
- Proceeds down Oenoke Ridge past God’s Acre and the Wayfair Cross, and continuing past Town Hall down Main Street
- Right turn onto Elm Street
- Left turn onto South Avenue
- Continue on South Avenue to Harrison Avenue where the parade route ends
Those attending the Memorial Ceremony will continue down Harrison Avenue to Lakeview Cemetery. The Memorial Ceremony will take place in the Cemetery starting at about 10:45 AM.
Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, parade marchers who have not been fully vaccinated should carry and don their masks when social distancing cannot be maintained among marchers in the parade.
The line of March will be posted on the Town website www.newcanaan.info
- In the event of heavy rain, a parade cancelation notice will be posted on the Town website.
- In the event of parade cancelation, a Memorial Ceremony will be conducted at Town Hall at 10:00 am, but due to COVID limitations, there will be very limited seating.