Absentee Ballot Information
Connecticut has strict laws regarding who can vote absentee.
- Are you an active member of the armed forces of the United States?
- Will you be out of town on Election Day?
- Does sickness prevent you from voting in person on Election Day?
- Do your religious beliefs prevent you from performing secular activities like voting on Election Day?
- Will you be performing duties as an election official at a polling place other than your own on Election Day?
- Does a physical disability prevent you from voting in person on election day?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you are eligible to vote absentee.
Click here for an Absentee Ballot Application in English
Click here for an Absentee Ballot Application in Spanish
Absentee voting is a two-step process:
First, you must fill out an Absentee Ballot Application and return it to the Town Clerk. Upon receipt and approval of the application, a ballot will be mailed or handed to you.
Second, you must execute your ballot and return it to the Town Clerk by the close of polls in order for your vote to count.
We encourage all voters to use the Official Ballot Drop-Box in front of the main entrance to Town Hall for both applications and absentee ballots.
The Drop-Box will be open starting on Friday, October 7th.
To execute the process by mail, please send applications or executed ballots to:
Claudia A. Weber, Town Clerk
P.O. Box 447
New Canaan, CT 06840