Need to get your CT Safe Boating/PWC license?


2-Day Class Upcoming March 6th and 7th

The Candlewood Lake Authority Marine Patrol is pleased to announce that they will be offering a combination Safe Boating / Personal Watercraft course.  To legally operate a boat with an engine or motor, all residents of CT and anyone using CT waters for more than 60 days must have a Safe Boating Certificate. In addition, to legally operate a personal watercraft, regardless of state residency, you must possess a Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation to operate on Connecticut waters.

A course in Safe Boating and Personal Watercraft Handling is not only enjoyable and informative, but is required in order to obtain certification.  If you or someone you know needs to get their Connecticut Safe Boating/PWC Certificate, this is a great opportunity to attend a locally offered class, taught by instructors from the Candlewood Lake Authority Marine Patrol.  Successful completion of this course will qualify a person for the combination Safe Boating / Personal Watercraft Certificate.

When and Where?

When: This is a 2-Day Course that runs on Friday March 6th from 5pm to 9pm and Saturday March 7th from 8:30am to 12:30pm.


Sail Harbour Club Clubhouse

25 Sail Harbour Dr.

New Fairfield, CT 06812

Registration is required and class size is limited!



Registration is available through the Candlewood Lake Authority's online registration and payment process. The cost for the course is $25 per person.

This is a 2-Day course.

Please click here to register.


For additional information about CT Boating Rules and Regulations see the latest available electronic version of the CT Boating Guide.

Registration will close on March 19th or when we reach capacity.  Space is limited to 40 participants, so don't delay!

The CT DEEP requires that in order to receive your license, all course registrants must bring their CT Conservation ID Number with them to the class.

Instructions to Obtain Your Conservation ID Number

1) If you presently have a CT fishing or hunting license, then your conservation ID number is on your license. Bring that with you to the first class.
2) If you do not have a CT fishing or hunting license, you must create an account to receive a conservation ID number - go to