Here's What Metro North RailRoad has planned in the immediate future.
- In 2021 we will complete delivery of the M8 rail cars on the New Haven line.
- We will complete the White Plains and Port Jervis station improvements.
- We will expand marketing of MTA eTix® to increase the number of customers using contactless fares electronically. Our Mail&Ride ticketing program will also be converted over to the electronic application.
- We will receive the initial delivery and install
- OMNY and Cubic Vending Machines at Metro-North stations. These machines will replace aging Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) and create a more seamless fare collection across the MTA.
- We will complete installation of the Rapid Deploy Video Surveillance Enhancement (PODS) initiative at additional stations to provide increased safety and security for you, our customers.
- We will complete the enabling of customer count estimates on the remainder of our fleet so customers can monitor their trains and plan their travel accordingly through the Metro-North Train Time® app.
- We will go live with the Centralized Train Scheduling System (CTSS) using TrainPlan which will link all the rail scheduling operations processes under one program, seamlessly transferring data from the scheduling system to downstream customer service and signaling systems, including pre-written schedules for unusual but anticipated conditions.
- We will roll out significantly enhanced inspection methods and equipment in 2021 including the introduction of mobile technology utilizing handheld devices for track and signal inspections; deployment of the Shoreliner Autonomous Track Geometry Inspection Services (ATGIS) unit to cover and provide more frequent inspections in non-electrified territory; and deployment of the new Track Geometry Inspection Car, to perform the system-wide track geometry inspections more effectively and efficiently.
LASTLY, In an extremely challenging year, we are thankful for our talented and dedicated workforce, who have continued to go above and beyond for our customers. This year we continued to recognize their work and contributions which we did in several ways including presenting them with achievement awards, developing virtual events, and keeping up the positive communication among our forces throughout the pandemic.