New Milford High School (NMHS) fire update
"Our contractor (Belfor) continues with the restoration process at NMHS"
* Continued soot cleaning on the 3rd floor.
* Continued masking of rooms and necessary infrastructure above the ceiling grid in preparation for fireproofing encapsulation on the 3rd floor. * Continued encapsulation of fireproofing on the 3rd floor. Continue to remove air scrubbers as areas are cleaned.
* Completed cleaning & packing of the contents from the lower cabinets within the chemical storage room on the 3rd floor in preparation of removal of damaged casework, drywall, & ceiling tiles.
* Began soot cleaning of the 4th floor. Continued to breakdown & disposal of water-damaged casework on the 3rd floor.
* Maintained all remaining air scrubbers and dehumidifiers. 1 dehumidifier is the only drying equipment that remains. This equipment is located in room 3204 (directly under the fire).
* Continued cleaning of AHU's 1-5 & associated ductwork.
Belfor will be doing the repair of the NMHS roof caused by the fire. We are working with the insurance companies to select the company that will complete the standing seam roof project. Currently, it is about 60% complete.
More to follow!
Follow Mayor Pete Bass on Facebook for updates!