Big news on the COVID-19 vaccine front! Governor Ned Lamont announced today that due to the efficient speed at which Connecticut’s vaccine providers have been getting doses out, the state plans to accelerate its vaccine program even further!
All Connecticut over the age of 16 will now be eligible to schedule a vaccination appointment beginning April 1, 2021 – several days earlier than originally planned. (Previously, the eligibility date for this age group was April 5.)
Those who are currently eligible to receive the vaccine in Connecticut include:
- All individuals over the age of 45;
- Healthcare personnel;
- Medical first responders;
- Residents and staff of long-term care facilities;
- Residents and staff of select congregate settings; and
- PreK-12 school staff and professional childcare providers.
Information on Connecticut’s COVID-19 vaccination program is available at ct.gov/covidvaccine.