Connecticut law requires any dog six months of age or older to have a current rabies vaccination and license.
This license must be renewed annually in the month of June.A late penalty of $1.00 per month begins to accrue on July 1, 2022.
What You Need To Register Your Dog:
1. Completed application
2. Current rabies vaccination certificate
3. Proof of spay or neuter if applicable
4. Payment: cash, money order, credit card or check made payable to the Milford City Clerk's Office.
Female or Male: $19.00
Spayed Female or Neutered Male: $8.00
Credit Card Transactions Fees:
For licenses for new dogs, there is a $1.50 convenience fee for credit cards.
For online renewals of existing dog licenses, there is a $1.75 convenience fee per license.
4 Ways to Register Your Dog:
- In Person: We are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Mail: Milford City Clerk’s Office, 70 West River Street, Milford, CT 06460. Click here for the application.
- Online NEW DOGS ONLY - Click here for an Online Application. If you select mail for license delivery, we will send you an email regarding payment and mail your new license.
- Online RENEWALS ONLY - Effective from June 1 - August 31 Click here to renew your existing dog license.
- If you renew your dog license online, you will pay online and we will mail your new license.
- You must have a valid rabies certificate to renew online. To update your rabies certificate, please contact our office!
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 203-783-3210. We’re here to help you in any way!