We are seeking nominations for our Distinguished Member of the Year Awards – 2021 and would like to give you the opportunity to nominate someone.
Award recipients will be announced at our July 20th Business Scene. Awards will be presented at our Annual Award Gala being held Friday, October 21, 2022.
Business and Organization Criteria
The Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce would like to recognize an owner, partners, company, or organization that provides excellent leadership and builds customer relationships; one that makes you want to 'shop locally'. This will be a business or organization that makes an investment back into the community, has been in operation for over three years and is located within the area represented by the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce (GNMCC).
Specifically, a nominee must:
• Be a member in good standing with the GNMCC. Members in good standing can be found on the Chamber’s website, Member Directory Listings - New Milford Chamber of Commerce (newmilfordchamber.com).
• Be an active business or organization located or operating in the New Milford area.
• Have been operational for at least 3 years.
• Have demonstrated one or more of the following characteristics:
o Exceptional growth through additional creation of jobs
o Business expansion / growth o Provides exemplary customer service
o Actively volunteers in the New Milford community
o Demonstrates economic support of the New Milford community Individual Criteria The Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce (GNMCC) would like to recognize an individual that has shown exceptional leadership and contribution to activities that enrich the quality of life and enhancement of the New Milford community.
The contributions of the nominee to the community should be of an extraordinary nature. Areas of consideration include but are not limited to community service, business and industry, farming, community health, education, law enforcement, conservation and environment, and religious or political organizations.
All nominees must:
• Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
• Reside, or have their business, in greater New Milford.
• Have assisted in an improvement, program, or event of significant value to the New Milford community; the improvement must be the result of personal commitment and not substantially the result of their primary employment or public responsibilities.
• May have achieved the highest level of professional excellence, but not necessary.
• Not currently be on the Board of Directors of the GNMCC.
• Nominees do not need to be a member of the GNMCC.