Join hundreds of your fellow business leaders via Zoom Wednesday, March 16 for Connecticut Business Day 2021. The event begins at 8:30 am.
Register in advance HERE.
Your voice matters—this is your opportunity to share your concerns and challenges with state legislators and help improve the state’s business climate and competitiveness.
The day begins with a welcome session and remarks from Gov. Ned Lamont, including opportunities for you to ask the governor questions.
You’ll then hear from a bipartisan group of legislators who signed and support CBIA’s Rebuilding Connecticut policy pledge.
The 11-point policy recommendations are designed to help employers—particularly struggling small businesses—manage the high costs of navigating COVID-19 restrictions, create and retain jobs, and lead the state’s economic recovery and growth for the benefit of all residents.
Joe Eyer , VP of public affairs for AT&T, and Kelly Memphis , senior manager of government relations and stakeholder engagement practice for the Public Affairs Council, will provide insight, resources, and tools for effectively engaging with legislators and the importance of grassroots advocacy.
And CBIA’s Eric Gjede will update you on the latest from the 2021 General Assembly session, including the status of key legislative proposals.
The next few years are pivotal for Connecticut’s economic future. Your attendance March 16 sends a message that businesses are a part of the solution.
Registration is free, but we strongly encourage you to register in advance by clicking HERE.
Reach out to your lawmakers before Business Day through Phone2Action!
8:30 am | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Lynn Ward, President & CEO, Waterbury Regional Chamber; President, Connecticut Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Chris DiPentima, President & CEO, CBIA
8:40 am | Gov. Ned Lamont
9:10 am | Legislative Panel
- Moderator: Eric Gjede, VP, Government Affairs, CBIA
- Rep. Holly Cheeseman (R-Niantic)
- Sen. Joan Hartley (D-Waterbury)
- Sen. Kevin Witkos (R- Canton)
- Rep. Kerry Wood (D- Rocky Hill)
9:55 am | Grassroots Best Practices
- Moderator: Pam Staneski, Executive Director, Milford Chamber of Commerce
- Joseph Eyer, VP, Public Affairs, AT&T
- Kelly Memphis, Senior Manager of Government Relations and Stakeholder Engagement Practice, PAC
10:40 am | Legislative Update
- Eric Gjede, VP, Government Affairs, CBIA
11:00 am | Legislative Visits
CBIA members: Want to meet one-on-one with your state lawmakers? We can help.
Chambers of commerce: Let CBIA's Stevie Ann Lis (
) know if you want to meet with your legislative delegation.