Under phase 1 of Connecticut’s reopening plans, Danbury Fair Mall is set to open its doors to customers and report that they are taking several precautions to keep shoppers and employees healthy and safe.
According to mall officials the following protocols are in place amidst the COVID-19 recovery and reopening plan:
• Consistent with CDC recommendations, we are intensifying our usual, thorough cleaning procedures around doors, handrails, vertical transportation and other public areas using sanitizing and disinfectant formulas recommended by the CDC, with cleaning/sanitizing taking place throughout the day.
• Encouraging social distancing practices in the common area, including in elevators, on escalators, and restrooms.
• Enhanced our mall cooling systems to increase air circulation and outside air flow.
• Using sanitizing and disinfectant formulas recommended by the CDC.
• Cleaning and disinfecting entrance door handles, handrails and restrooms throughout the day.
• Ensuring all cleaning staff wear masks and gloves at all times.
• We are urging all employees and contractors to follow CDC guidelines, perform wellness checks and encourage those who are ill to stay home.
• Play areas and water fountains will remain closed until further notice.
• Closing or removing tables in food courts, furniture in the common area, urinals and sinks in restrooms to enable better social distancing.
For more information visit on COVID-19 recovery efforts in Connecticut visit www.cdc.gov.
Visit Danbury Fair Mall online here.
*Image courtesy Danbury Fair Mall