10 Program Prep for UN Climate Change Conference November 7-18
These 10 programs are part of the library’s efforts to bring the UN Climate Conference in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, November 7-18, to the attention of our patrons.
Join us for the 5 'Warming Earth' series of green lectures this Fall, Sept - Nov. Programs 1, 3, 4, 7, and 10 are presented by Dr. Stephen ‘Mitch’ Wagener of the Biology Department at Western Connecticut State University. All Zoom programs start at 7:00PM
5 Additional programs are offered to augment the series with background data and resources to help you prep for the topics that will be discussed during the Conference.
Registration is required to receive the Zoom links and for program information: www.chboothlibrary.org
- Climate Refugees | Thursday Sept 22 Click here to register
- Everything Trees Do for Us Part #1 | with Newtown Forest Association | Thursday Oct 20 Click here to register
- How Hot is Too Hot? | Thursday Oct 13 Click here to register
- Stronger Storms 7 Rising Seas | Thursday Oct 27 Click here to register
- Earth: Introduction to Our Planet’s Life-Support Systems | Tuesday Nov 1 Click here to register
- History & Enchantment of Egypt – Part #1: Pyramids | Tuesday Nov 8 Click here to register
- Hope | Thursday Nov 10 Click here to register
Everything Trees Do for Us – Part #2 | with Newtown Forest Association | Tuesday Nov 15 Click here to register
History & Enchantment of Egypt – Part #2: King Tut – Wednesday Nov 16 Click here to register
Climate Change in Connecticut | Thursday November 17 Click here to register