Come and learn about the Freedom of Information Act on Tuesday, February 13 beginning at 7:00 pm at Newtown Municipal Center Council Chambers.
The FOI Commission conducts workshops around the state helping citizens and officials understand their rights and their obligations under the FOI Act.
Speaker: Mr. Thomas A. Hennick, Public Information Officer from the Freedom of Information Commission.
- Hear an overview of Freedom of Information Act requirements including:
- Types of meetings.
- What “groups” fall under FOI regulations?
- Meeting notice requirements.
- Filing of meeting minutes.
- When to enter executive session; who can be included; what can be discussed; what action can be taken? How to identify executive session on the Agenda? What is the motion to go into Executive session?
- Requests for public records.
- Questions and Answers.
All Department Heads, Board and Commission Members and the Public are encouraged to attend this free workshop.
Learn more here.