Town Clerk Debbie Aurelia Halstead advises Newtown voters that there will be special hours for absentee voting on Saturday, August 8th at the Town Clerk’s office located at the Newtown Municipal Center from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm for the Presidential Preference Primary to be held on Tuesday, August 11, 2020.
Any qualified registered voter may vote by absentee if unable to vote in person due to:
- COVID-19 –All voters are able to apply, pursuant to Executive Order 7QQ
- Illness or physical disability
- Absence from Town during voting hours
- Religious beliefs which forbid secular activity
- Active U.S. military service
- Service as an election official at a polling place other than his/her own polling place
If possible, please download and have your application ready before coming to the office.
If you have any questions, please call the office at 203-270-4210.