Newtown Police Department Now Accepting Applications for Entry Level Police Officer
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a G.E.D.
- No felony, domestic violence, A misdemeanor or B misdemeanor criminal convictions.
- at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Candidates must have a passing score at lest 40% on the CHIP Physical Assessment test in order to submit their application
- Candidates much have a passing score of at least 80% on the CPCA Written Examination in order to submit their application
The selection process will include, at minimum, a detailed review of your application packet, and the successful completion of the Department’s selection process which includes but may not be limited to the following:
- CPCA Written Examination (Passing 80%)
- Physical Agility Testing (C.H.I.P. at 40%, see www.chip-inc.com)
- Oral Examination
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Exam
- Detailed Background Investigation
- Medical Exam
- Chief’s Interview
The Department consists of Forty-Five Sworn personnel in the Administrative Services, Operations Bureau, Detective Division, Patrol Division and Five Civilians. They are responsible for the Town which encompasses an area of 60 square miles populated by 29,000 people.
The men and women of the Newtown Department of Police Services are thoroughly committed to the improvement of the quality of life for all the residents of Newtown by working in partnership with them. The Department will constantly work to maintain a safe and secure community while treating all people with dignity and respect.