Norwalk SPEDPartners, a support group for parents of students with special needs, announces a FREE parent workshop titled “Special Education Law and Advocacy Workshop: Engaging Parents in their Child’s Educational Journey.”
The speaker is Lawrence W. Berliner, CT Special Education Law Attorney.
This informative workshop will take place on Monday November 25, 2019 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. in the Community Room at the South Norwalk Branch Library (SoNo Branch Library), 10 Washington Street, Norwalk, CT. It is free and open to the public.
Parents will learn proactive strategies to effectively advocate for their child’s rights.
Topics will include:
- Children’s basic special education rights
- How to Navigate the PPT and create an IEP as a framework for success
- Turning Point: What to do when your child is struggling and the school is not responding to your child’s needs
- School Refusal and Anxiety Issues
- How to Re-engage your child in a supportive learning environment
- The role of lawyer in the special education process