The Mishkan Israel Day Camp plans to celebrate the Jewish festival of Chanukah with a series of public lightings of menorahs Dec. 23-29 in five Fairfield County communities—Fairfield, Trumbull, Easton, Stratford and Monroe.
The ceremonies are all open to the public free of charge and are expected to draw a number of civic representatives such as Mayor Laura Hoydick of Stratford and police department and fire department officers.
Activities for children, light refreshments and musical entertainment have been arranged at all five locations.
The list of ceremonies:
- Stratford: Dec. 23 (Monday), 6 p.m., Stratford Town Hall, 2627 Main St., third year of the ceremony in the community.
- Trumbull: Dec. 24 (Tuesday), 6 p.m., Trumbull Town Hall, 5866 Main St., 34rd year of the ceremony in the community.
- Fairfield: Dec. 25 (Wednesday), 6 p.m., Sherman Green, Reef Road, 30th year of the ceremony in the community.
- Easton: Dec. 26 (Thursday) 6 p.m., Easton Town Green, 34th year of the ceremony in the community.
- Monroe: Dec. 29 (Sunday), 6 pm., Monroe Town Hall, 7 Fan Hill Rd., eighth year of the ceremony in the community.
Mishkan Israel operates a Stamford-based summer day camp, an outreach initiated in Bridgeport in 1945 by Rabbi Israel Stock and his wife as emissaries of Rabbi Yosef Schneersohn.
Additional information is available at mishkanisrael.com or by calling 203.268.0740.