The Connecticut Press Club is accepting entries into its annual communications contest, the first tier of one of the most prestigious two-tier competitions in communications for reporters, editors, authors, bloggers, designers, artists, photographers, and publicists.
First place winners in all 61 categories move on to compete in the second tier, a national competition, organized annually by the National Federation of Press Women (NFPW). Although state affiliates will be running contests across the United States entrants must enter the contest in their home state.
As an affiliate, the Connecticut Press Club runs the Connecticut contest.
- Writing (Categories 1-17)
- Editing (Categories 18-20)
- Photography (Categories 21-23)
- Graphics and Design (Categories 24-26)
- Radio and Television (Categories 27-32)
- Web and Social Media (Categories 33-41)
- Advertising (Categories 42-45)
- Communications Programs and Campaigns (Categories 46-50)
- Public Relations Materials (Categories 51-53)
- Information for the Media (Categories 54-56)
- Speeches (Category 57)
- Collegiate/Education (Categories 58-61)
All entries must have been published or broadcast between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019. The deadline for entries is January 28, 2020.
2019 Fees and Deadlines
For CT Press Club members their first entry in the state contest is $25. Additional entries are $15 each. For non-members their first entry in the state contest is $30. Additional entries are $20 each.
First place winners have the option to progress to judging in the NFPW’s national contest. There is a fee to proceed and to enter they must be members of NFPW. Entrants will have the opportunity to join should they win a first place in the state contest. The NFPW’s highest point earners by state and individual receive cash awards. All winners state and national, from honorable mention to first place, receive certificates.