June is fast-approaching and it will soon be time to license all dogs once again. Now might be a good time to check your dog’s rabies vaccination to make sure it is up to date.
Updated rabies certificates, as well as spay or neuter certificates, can be mailed, emailed or faxed to my office. Unfortunately, due to the ongoing pandemic, no in-person dog licensing will be available.
Licensing will be done through the mail only with payment by check only.
To obtain your dog’s new license, just mail a check payable to the Town of Redding for the appropriate fee and any updated information along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to my office. Checks and updated rabies certificates can also be dropped in the mail slot at the front door to Town Hall (door facing Rte. 107).
Licenses and tags will be mailed starting the first week in June. For new dogs, click here for application.
Mailing address:* Town Clerk, P.O. Box 1028, Redding Center, CT 06875-1028 *(or drop off in mail slot located in front door of Town Hall) Thank you for keeping your dogs safe, healthy and legal! Connecticut State Law requires dogs to be licensed every year on or before June 30, or a penalty will be collected pursuant to Sec. 22-338, General Statutes, and an infraction incurred pursuant to Sec. 22-349.
Male or Female - $19.00
Neutered male or spayed female - $8.00
- All dogs six months or over must be licensed and wear a collar and tag at all times.
- A dog without a tag is presumed to be unlicensed and is not protected by law.
- A tag must not be used on any dog other than the dog described in the license bearing the corresponding number.
- Owners are liable for damage done by their dog, including damage to shrubs, flowers or trees.
- All dogs must be vaccinated against rabies and owners must submit a certificate to the Town Clerk when licensing their dog, per C.G.S. Sec. 22-338.
- Owners of roaming dogs are liable to prosecution.
- When a spayed or neutered dog is licensed for the first time, a certificate from a licensed veterinarian must be presented.