There is extensive storm damage to a number of Connecticut State Parks and Forests throughout the most affected areas of the state.
Those Parks will remain closed until an assessment can be made of damage. We strongly urge the public to stay out of these parks and any other area with obvious tree damage until this assessment and hazard mitigation can take place. Additional parks may be added to this list as assessments continue.
Those Parks include:
- Sleeping Giant State Park in Hamden
- Chatfield Hollow State Park in Killingworth
- Kettletown State Park in Southbury
- Southford Falls State Park in Oxford
- Squantz Pond State Park in New Fairfield
- Putnam Memorial State Park in Redding
- Wharton Brook State Park in Wallingford
Contact CT DEEP online for additional information.