Ridgefield High School seniors are deep into spring internships and graduation is on the horizon! The Class of 2023 will graduate on Wednesday, June 21 at Tiger Hollow Stadium.
Here are the Top 10 colleges and universities applied to by Ridgefield High School the Class of 2023 students:
1. University of Connecticut - 245 applications
2. Penn State University-Main Campus - 106 applications
3. Northeastern University - 84 applications
4. Syracuse University - 82 applications
5. Indiana University - Bloomington - 79 applications
6. University of Maryland - College Park - 77 applications
7. University of South Carolina - Columbia 76 applications
8. University of Michigan - Ann Arbor - 72 applications
9. University of Delaware - 69 applications
10. Clemson University - 68 applications
Best of luck to our Tigers as they embark on their next educational journey.
Meet the Class of 2023 Valedictorian, Ryan Williams
Ryan has attended RPS since second grade—Ridgebury Elementary and then Scotts Ridge Middle School. A passionate science student, Ryan plans to study computer science and possibly physics in college. His current favorite class at RHS is BC Calculus with Mr. Finlayson. Ryan received a perfect score on the AP Computer Science exam and loved the class with Dr. Anton.
His advice to underclassmen is to not throw away your freshman and sophomore years. "Put effort in because they matter," he recommends. The hardest class at RHS for Ryan might have been AP Physics 1. "The thinking and math is a lot different, and you feel like you're jumping off into the deep end in the beginning," Ryan explains.