John Patrick: Healthcare In The Cloud Era on Sunday, May 1 at 5:30pm
The Internet is changing how we manage our health, and who better to discuss this subject than Internet pioneer and Doctor of Health Administration, John R. Patrick! The personal healthcare revolution is just beginning, according to John, and massive changes are coming to healthcare. The changes will of course include new medical devices and medical records in the cloud, but also a great change in “attitude.”
Business executive, author and innovative leader in the information technology industry, Dr. John Patrick helped launch the IBM ThinkPad and was a founding member of the World Wide Web Consortium at MIT. Now he combines his knowledge of the Internet with his knowledge of healthcare and asks questions that no one has dared to answer- until now! Why is something that is so vital- so complicated and expensive? How does patient safety and quality compare to other countries? Are our hospitals safe? Is Obamacare working? How will the Internet, mobile devices, cloud computing, and big data change the future of healthcare? Come hear Dr. John R. Patrick answer these questions and many more at the Ridgefield Playhouse on May 1. Admission includes an autographed choice of one of Dr. Patrick’s two new books: Health Attitude and Net Attitude.
Timely topics explored will include:
• The cultural, attitudinal, and technological barriers holding back the United States from achieving a more affordable, accessible, and effective healthcare system.
• The positives and negatives of Obamacare, and whether it should be repealed.
• The reasons behind the high costs of healthcare, including fraud, waste, unnecessary tests, and expensive drugs.
• How the combination of cloud computing, big data, analytics, mobile devices, 3-D printing and robots will revolutionize medical care.
• The consumer-based movement taking shape right now in healthcare, as patient attitudes and expectations are changing.
Praise for Health Attitude:
“When we look back ten years from now on the revolution that occurred in healthcare, John Patrick’s book Health Attitude will be viewed as one of the prologues of that revolution. We tend to overestimate technology in the short term and underestimate its role in the long term. Simply put, this book presents an optimistic future where innovation, technology, empathy and sound business principles collide into a “big-bang” of better healthcare!” Stephen K. Klasko, M.D., M.B.A., President and CEO, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health System
“As one of the world’s technology pioneers, John Patrick is a sought after innovator and strategic thinker. In Health Attitude, Patrick paints a grim portrait of America’s healthcare system today, then unveils a canvas upon which we can create a better future using technology.” Skip Prichard, President & CEO, OCLC
Every ticket holder receives a free book which Mr. Patrick will sign after the discussion.