On Friday, September 20th, the Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs will be hosting the 2019 Stand Down event at the Rocky Hill Veterans' Home from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Connecticut's veterans deserve the services that they have earned.
Many community providers will have booths set up at the event with specialists to help veterans receive and learn about their earned service benefits, employment opportunities, medical screenings, and legal services.
Additional details are below:
- Gates open at 8:00 a.m. Please arrive no later than 12:00 p.m.
- No pre-registration required! Attendees are encouraged to bring documentation verifying military service
- Recovery-based services
- Medical screenings, dental services, eye care
- Veteran benefit information (State and Federal)
- Legal and motor vehicle assistance
- Employment and educational assistance
- Housing resources and information
- Free bus transportation provided at designated areas
- Go to https://portal.ct.gov/DVA/Pages/Veterans-Stand-Down or call 860-616-3803 for general information and the transportation schedule