Feeling helpless about climate change? Join Ridgefield Library and RACE on April 19 at 6pm via Zoom
Starting on Monday, April 19, at 6 p.m., Ridgefield Action Committee for the Environment (RACE) and Ridgefield Library present a series of six weekly Zoom sessions on Making Smart Energy Choices. The presenters are Ridgefielders with experience in these topics. RACE serves in an advisory capacity to Ridgefield's Board of Selectmen. RACE’s mission is to raise awareness, educate and bring about actions that can be taken to become smarter about energy use, be good stewards to our natural resources and reduce waste.
Rudy Marconi, First Selectman of the Town of Ridgefield, will introduce the series on April 19. He will highlight what the Town has done, is doing, and plans to do, to help reduce energy use.
- April 19 - Modelling solutions to Climate Change – find out what works and what doesn’t with Roberta Barbieri - Are you interested in a deeper understanding of the solutions to climate change? Do you wonder how much impact solutions such as planting trees or energy efficient buildings can really have on climate change? To find out, join us for a facilitated workshop introducing EN-ROADS, the Climate Solutions simulator developed by MIT Sloan and ClimateInteractive.org.
Roberta Barbieri is a Ridgefield resident and Vice President of Global Sustainability for PepsiCo. Roberta is an environmental scientist and engineer with over 25 years of experience in corporate environmental sustainability.
Other programs in the series:
- April 26 - Installing a Solar System on Your Home with Dwayne Escola
- May 3 - How to Get a Free Energy Audit with Gavin Watson
- May 10 - Replacing Your Oil Furnace and HVAC with Geothermal with Beth Ingram
- May 17 - Replacing Your Oil Furnace with an Air Source Heat Pump with Gavin Watson
- May 24 - Electric Vehicle Charging for the Curious with Vincent Giordano