Ridgefield, CT— Make Music Ridgefield is pleased to announce that Steinway of Greenwich will be donating a piano which will be placed on Main Street in front of the Ridgefield Conservatory of Dance for anyone to stop by and play during Make Music Day on Friday, June 21.
Special guest artist Jon Batiste, who is performing that evening at the Ridgefield Playhouse, will stop by during the afternoon (3:30-3:45pm) for an impromptu “Make Music Day” performance!! Thanks to Allison Stockel from the Ridgefield Playhouse for making this happen. Other events include:
- ZUMBA class with Lindy Fitness Bar (rock, world, Latin) 10:00-11:00am at Ballard Park stage (cancelled if raining)
- BBQ-Brian Butler Quartet (swing, standards, jazz) 10:45am-12:00pm at Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center
- David De Palo (percussion) 11:00am-3:00pm at Ballard Park Gazebo
- Enchanted Garden’s Music Tent with Noah Manheimer 11:00am-5:00pm at Ballard Park playground area
- Open Play on a Painted Piano 11:00am-5:00pm at KaFo
- Open Play on a Steinway Piano 11:00am-5:30pm at Ridgefield Conservatory of Dance
- Open Play on a Painted Piano 11:00am-5:00pm at Rodier Flowers
- Open Play on a Painted Piano 11:30am-6:00pm at Blue Bus Music
- Danbury Madhatter Chorus (Americana, bluegrass) 12:00-12:30pm at Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center
- School of Rock Presents. . . (soul, rock) 12:00-1:30pm at Ballard Park stage
- Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra (classical) 12:00-1:30pm at Town Hall
- Maggie Seligman (Celtic, folk, singer/songwriter) 12:30-1:30pm at Ridgefield Music
- Strings CT (classical) 1:00-2:00pm at Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center
- Community Sing-A-Long with Cantor Deborah Katchko Grey 1:00-2:00pm at Ridgefield Library
- Room de Dark (indie-rock, pop) 1:30-2:00pm at Ballard Park stage
- Debbie Swanson (folk) 2:00-3:00pm at Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center
- Dana Scofidio leads ukulele players in song (folk, indie rock, rock) 2:00-3:00pm at Ridgefield Library
- Michael Dran and the Generosity (jazz standards) 2:00-3:00pm at Town Hall
- Marcel (folk, singer/songwriter) 3:00-4:30pm at Town Hall
- Maggie Seligman (Celtic, folk, singer/songwriter) 3:00-4:00pm at Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center
- School of Rock Presents. . . (soul, rock) 3:00-4:00pm at Ballard Park stage
- Will, Matt & Dan (WMD) (singer/songwriter, blues, Americana, bluegrass) 3:00-4:00pm at Ridgefield Library
- The Prospect Band (kids, pop, rock) 4:00-5:15pm at Ballard Park stage
- Try our Zildjain low noise cymbals with Avery Collins from School of Rock 4:00-5:00pm at Ridgefield Library
- The Flubber Bros. (indie-folk, indie-rock, folk) 7:00-8:00pm at The Marketplace at Copps Hill
About Make Music Ridgefield: Completely different from a typical music festival, Make Music Ridgefield is open to anyone who wants to take part. Every kind of musician — young and old, amateur and professional, of every musical persuasion — pours onto streets, parks, plazas, and porches to share their music with friends, neighbors, and strangers. All of it is free and open to the public. All Make Music Ridgefield day events are free and open to the public.
About the Ridgefield Arts Council: Founded in 1997, the mission of the Ridgefield Arts Council, a town-appointed committee, is to inform, entertain, and inspire those who appreciate and create art in all its genres. The council generates attention for and facilitates collaboration between members of Ridgefield’s vibrant arts community.
About Make Music Day: Make Music Day is presented by the NAMM Foundation, and coordinated by the Make Music Alliance.
For more information: http://www.makemusicday.org/ridgefield