Aquarion Water Company today announced a water main cleaning project in Ridgefield from Monday, August 26 to Friday, October 18. The project is being undertaken to ensure that customers continue to receive the highest quality water.
The Ridgefield water main cleaning project is estimated to last approximately eight weeks. During that time, customers may notice some discoloration in their water. This discoloration results from the temporary disturbance of the water flow, which stirs up naturally occurring minerals that settle in water mains. Aquarion recommends customers store tap water in their refrigerators for drinking and cooking. Customers should also refrain from washing laundry if water is discolored. Before resuming use, customers should run their cold-water faucets until the water appears clear.
Aquarion appreciates its customers’ understanding and patience during this project. Below is the schedule for the Ridgefield water main cleaning project. Work is scheduled to take place from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Additionally, customers can access a regularly updated street schedule at www.aquarionwater.com under “Alerts and Outages” and on the company’s water main cleaning hotline at 1-800-203-7000. For other questions, please call Aquarion’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-732-9678.
The streets scheduled for the first week of the Ridgefield water main cleaning project are:
- Monday, August 26: Aspen Ledges Rd., Bob Hill Rd., Highview Dr., Rockcrest Dr., Rockcrest Ln., Summit Ln.
- Tuesday, August 27: Aspen Ledges Rd., Old Stagecoach Rd., Partridge Dr., Rolling Ridge Rd., Short Ln., Sugarloaf Mountain Rd., Todds Rd.
- Wednesday, August 28: Bennetts Farm Rd., Knollwood Dr., Quail Dr., Topcrest Ln., Virginia Ct.
- Thursday, August 29: Minuteman Rd., Revere Dr.
- Friday, August 30: Peaceable Hill Rd., Peaceable Ridge Rd.