Wow. We are right there with you, Ridgefield! Double whammy for sure. COVID and now Tropical Storm Isaias leaving nearly 80% of the town without power this morning. Ridgefield OEM says tree and line crews are in town working on restoration.
Due to COVID restrictions, Parks and Rec is closed, and not available for showers at this time. Ridgefield OEM says, "We are working on a limited opening. Stay tuned".
Here's what Ridgefield OEM tells us:
* Main Street remains closed at the library
* Rt 35 remains closed between High Ridge and the Fountain
* All closed roads have been logged and prioritized, with cul de sacs/dead-end streets highest priority
* Main street appears to have power, as does the plaza near Dunkin Donuts (they're open) on Danbury Rd
* Lower Danbury Road appears to be without power
* Stop and Shop is open on generator power
* Pamby and Mobil gas stations have power, and are open. Other Danbury Road stations were dark as of 6am
They say, "Best plan of action is to shelter at home. If you must venture out, drive slowly. Many branches are in the road, and many roads are one lane only in spots."
Please follow generator safety protocols as per manufacturer guidelines.
Eversource continues to have issues with their outage reporting system.
Eversource reported via Twitter this morning (@EversourceCT) "Our team worked through the night to resolve issues with our outage reporting systems. If you are experiencing an outage, please call us at 800-286-2000, text 'OUT' to 23129, or report it at http://Eversource.com. Stay far away from any downed wires and report them to 9-1-1."
We will bring you more info when available. Follow Ridgefield OEM on Facebook.