This afternoon, First Selectman Rudy Marconi reported that 66% of the Town is without power and Eversource has released a statement that 99% of the state will be at full power by Tuesday, August 11 at midnight. Please note that trees with wires cannot be removed until Eversource neutralizes the wires.
Here are today's updates from Rudy:
Some areas that have been restored have experienced power loss again and Eversource hasn’t updated us. Please note that the town is aware of the damage throughout our community. With almost every road affected, we ask for your patience.
A special hotline for storm related questions has been set up from 9 am to 3 pm. For questions call: 203-431-2718. Due to call volume, we ask for your patience.
• Outdoor charging stations have been set up in front of Founders Hall, but are very limited. Please bring your wipes, your mask and be prepared to wait. This is for charging only. The town is investigating other safe charging options.
• The Transfer Station is accepting storm-related debris at no cost to residents. All commercial haulers will be charged unless accompanied by the resident. • Do not pile brush on the street. There is no town brush removal program.
• The golf course is open with restrictions: Cash only, no electric carts available, no restrooms or other amenities available. Bring your own water.
• Police and Fire are working as a team traveling to neighborhoods via an ATV in the areas where the roads are blocked. They urge all of us to check on our neighbors, especially those that are older or have special needs.
• The Fire Department continues to receive numerous calls for CO alarms/poisoning due to improper use of generators. Do not operate your generator in a closed space like a garage or inside your home. Make sure the generator is far enough away from your home with no opportunity for carbon monoxide to seep into the house. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for use.
• Do not start your car in your garage for charging purposes. Park your car outside away from windows while charging. • Currently, there are no showers available at Parks and Rec due to COVID-19.
• Potable water will be available 24 hours a day. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS:
o Parks & Rec, 195 Danbury Road
o The Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge Road
o Ridgebury Fire Department-169 Old Stagecoach Road.
Follow Ridgefield Emergency Management on Facebook for the latest updates. Sign up for CTAlert @ CTAlert.gov. UPDATES are also available on ridgefieldct.org. For all emergencies, dial 911