In a letter to the RHS community, Principal Jake Greenwood announced that starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 27th, Ridgefield Public Schools will be moving into a Medium Risk model.
Greenwood goes on to explain that in this model at RHS, all students will be remote Monday through Friday until Tuesday, November 10th. Throughout the temporary remote learning period, teachers will be synchronous through Google Classroom and Google Meet. Students will continue to follow the same letter day rotation schedule which outlines the sections that will meet on a specific day (link to the calendar here).
- The RHS Campus will be closed to the public (this includes students and parents)
- Athletics - effective immediately, ALL RHS Athletics events (practices AND contests) are postponed until further notice.
- Q1 still ends Wednesday, October 28th. Q2 will begin on Thursday, October 29th
- Make-up Testing: Connecticut School Day SAT and PSAT/NMSQT:
- Make-up 12th Grade Connecticut School Day SAT scheduled for Tuesday, October 27th, is cancelled. Counselors will contact students impacted by this cancellation to share options.
- Make-up PSAT/NMSQT scheduled for Thursday, October 29th, are cancelled. Students who were registered to take the make-up this Thursday will have another opportunity in January. More information will be communicated to these students at a later date.
- Thursday 10/29, RHS will follow the RHS Early Dismissal/Teacher PD/Asynchronous Afternoon schedule posted here.
Greenwood says that this is an initial communication, "Please expect more details in the coming days. Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding as we respond to this global health crisis."