Ridgefield's 9th Annual Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off, co-chaired by Steve Maydan and Jessica Collins, will take place in Ballard Park on Sunday, September 26 from 10:00 am-3:00 pm. This is a free event and open to the public!
But, Ridgefield's Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off isn't only about the largest, most magnificent pumpkin. From 10am to 3:00pm, families will be treated to a day chockful of fun! In addition to food trucks, dwarf goats, music, activities for kids, and event farm stands, the Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off will feature a Pumpkin Decorating Contest for kids.
Here's how it works:
Drop off your pumpkin entry at the Pumpkin Decorating Booth in Ballard Park between 10:00 and 11:00 am. You can vote for your favorite pumpkin from 11:00 to 1:45. Winners and prize ribbons will be announced at 2:00 pm.
Pick of the Patch - 1st Place
Pumpkin Bumpkin - 2nd Place
Jovial Jack O’ Lantern - 3rd Place
● Pumpkin may not be larger than 2’ x 2’ x 2’ or heavier than 35 lbs
● All entries must be real. No artificial pumpkins will be accepted.
● All pumpkins must be picked up by 3:00 pm or they will be claimed by Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off committee
●Pumpkins may be carved or hollowed, objects, material, and paper may be glued or pinned to the pumpkin. Participants can also draw of pain on the pumpkin.
● Do not write or display your name on your entry, all entries will receive an identification number.
● Pumpkins must be appropriate and child-friendly. We reserve the right to reject the entry.
Visit the Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off website here for additional details.