Do you have a closet full of career-wear you no longer wear or want? Donate your women’s suitings, career blazers, slacks, skirts, light sweaters or blouses now through June 4th. Help Ridgefield Girl Scouts support Dress for Success (Mid-Fairfield County): the non-profit organization, which empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help women thrive.
Drop off your items at the front entrance of the Ridgefield Recreation Center or inside Colonial Cleaners of Ridgefield.
All sizes are great but plus sizes are most needed. Items should be new or in gently used condition, freshly laundered or dry cleaned, and on hangers. Handbags, dress shoes, jewelry or accessories in good condition can be dropped off at either location. Donate what you would wear to a job interview.
Organized by Carol Ploch Maiolo and Patty Labozzo, this incredible Community Service project is part of the Ridgefield Girl Scouts’ End-of Year-Ceremony. So many people of our Ridgefield Community have embraced this yearly donation drive, and show support:
- Kathy Fassman, Marketing Supervisor and Program Development at the Ridgefield Recreation Center, has allowed a drop-off box, and hanging rack for collections at the interior entrance for collections.
- For the second year, Deb Hayes, owner of Colonial Cleaners has come through in an extremely generous way by offering Girl Scouts complimentary dry cleaning and storage of the donated items, until they are picked up after June 11h. Deb is also allowing the Girl Scouts a second drop off inside Colonial Cleaners.
- Pam Fitzpatrick, owner of The Candlelight Shoppe, gladly offered hundreds of bras she recently received through a community fundraiser of her own.
- The Ridgefield Thrift Shop lovingly gave gorgeous summer suiting in large sizes, complete with stylish shells and blouses.
- Ridgefield Kohl’s is offering in-store promotions to those buying new items for the drive. What a great way to use your Kohl’s cash!
Thank you for your ongoing support of Ridgefield Girl Scouts!