After watching the Town of Ridgefield live stream coronavirus update yesterday with Rudy Marconi and Chiefs of Police and Fire, Tony Phillips, Director of Social Services for the Town of Ridgefield had an idea: why not join forces as a community to spread messages of positivity while focusing on recommendations put forth by the CDC?
Phillips says "KIDS WE NEED YOUR HELP! AND PARENTS WE NEED YOUR HELP TOO!"
You are encouraged to be creative via video, photos, signs, and share your creations with family, friends, and the community on social media channels!
"Be a leader in this effort! Educate your neighbors and friends. Please proclaim to the world that you will do your part to keep Ridgefield as safe as you can, urges Phillips.
Keep it instructive, keep it positive. Phillips who shares some examples:
- Stay Safe Stay Home!
- Flatten the curve
- ONE Ridgefield
- Thank our first responders
- All for one and one for all
- Help our medical personnel
- Help our first responders and emergency personnel
- Help our First Selectman
- Support Social Service and Food Pantry staff and clients
- Help your parents and grandparents and local seniors
- Can you imagine that you can save lives, by doing NOTHING!
- No parks, no gathering!
- Alone together
And, we will add a few:
- Community is not canceled!
- Connection is not canceled!
- We in this together
- Ridgefield strong
Phillips says, "If we stick together Ridgefield, we can do this, we can beat this, we can flatten the curve. But we can only do it together."
Please share your creations on HamletHub Facebook/Twitter and ANY and ALL local social media pages!
Use hashtags: #communityisnotcanceled #Ridgefieldstrong #flattenthecurve #staysafestaystrong #noparks nogathering