Town of Ridgefield COVID Update
The Town of Ridgefield reports that our community had a significant uptick in COVID cases this week so all residents are urged to be extra vigilant and to follow CDC protocols of wearing a mask, distancing and sanitizing. Also, please avoid groups.
New case rate (per 100,000 residents) jumped from 39.4 (1/11) to 52.6 (1/12).
View Ridgefield's most recent data here.
Advanced registration for ages 75 and older is available on the town website by going to ridgefieldct.org and clicking on the red COVID banner.
* Fill out the survey button and the state will notify you if you are qualified.
* Once notified, you will be asked to fill out information for the VAMS portal. When you are able to log into that, you will be notified of available times and locations for the vaccine. Be sure to save all your login information and be sure to keep all communications from the VAMS system.
* For those who wish to sign up by phone, the Governor expects to announce how that process will work late today (January 14).
* Phase 1a is currently still underway.
* Phase 1b is expected to roll out next week, however, some people 75 and older have been able to receive the vaccination by registering through the survey. More information will be available this afternoon after the Governor’s late afternoon announcements.
Governor Lamont urges all residents to beware of scammers. Vaccinations are free. No-one will ask for: o Payment (cash or check) o Credit card or bank information o Social Security numbers, Passport information or other personal information (unless it is medical insurance related.)