Administrative and Marketing Assistant for Bach to Rock Music School
Bach To Rock(“B2R”) America’s Music School for students of all ages is currently seeking an administrative assistant to work as a part-time employee responsible for supporting successful school operations. Preference is for someone that enjoys working with clients, achieving excellent customer service, enthusiastically explaining our programs to prospects, collecting payment, and managing schedules.
The Administrative Assistant will provide front desk support for the School Manager as well as a team of part time music teachers.
Part time hours are generally:
Bach to Rock provides a wide range of students an inspiring and well-balanced music education. By teaching theory and technique using music that students know and love, B2R develops young musicians who enjoy performing, recording in our studio, and even composing original music. Bach to Rock offers the opportunity to work in a fun yet professional environment with musicians.
The manager and administrative team handles marketing, scheduling, booking, billing and other business aspects of delivering lessons & group classes. The School administrative team ensures that teachers are provided support, curriculum, equipment, and space so they have everything they need to deliver successful and effective instruction.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- To greet clients and prospective clients in a polite and courteous manner
- To respond to internal and external phone calls and email
- To assist with maintaining the school schedule
- To assist B2R management in the active recruitment and registration of new students, which may include leading facility tours
- To assist B2R management in customer service calls to aid in client retention
- To assist with entering registration and payment information into the B2R contact manager software
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interact effectively with the public
- Ability to operate basic office equipment (eg: telephones, photocopiers, and computers)
- Ability to be physically present at the facility during its hours of operation
- Rudimentary knowledge of music and music education
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively withB2R staff and management
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace
- Ability to pass a background check
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software Language Skills
- Must be proficient English speaking and writing skills
- Additional language(s) are a plus
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift and move the equipment typically associated with B2R’s day-to-day operation, e.g., amplifiers, keyboards, recording equipment, light furniture, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment
- Music Studio The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Bach to Rock reserves the right to modify this job description in its sole discretion.
Job Title: Administrative and Marketing Assistant
Department: Bach to Rock (“B2R”) Reports to: B2R School Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Bach to Rock follows all CDC recommended safety guidelines.
Send resume to: