Halloween Stories at The Little Red Schoolhouse on Sunday, October 28
The Ridgefield Historical Society is pleased to present the last Sundays at the Schoolhouse program of the season on October 28, from 1 to 4 pm, rain or shine. This afternoon series is free to the public and engages visitors of all ages through interactive tours of the schoolhouse and special programming.
On October 28, join us for an afternoon of ghost stories, poems, and songs told by Martha Bishop, a former teacher and member of the Connecticut Storytelling Center. Through her extensive research, Ms. Bishop has discovered that Connecticut is one of the most haunted states in the US and that Fairfield County is the most haunted county in Connecticut. Halloween stories will be told at 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm. A Halloween-decorated antique pickup truck will be parked in the front yard and an ice cream truck will be available for frozen treats.
The Peter Parley Schoolhouse, also known as the West Lane Schoolhouse or the Little Red Schoolhouse, was in operation from 1756 to 1915 and served five generations of Ridgefielders. The town of Ridgefield owns the Schoolhouse and its grounds. In February 2012, the Ridgefield Historical Society took over its operations and, today, it is open the last Sunday of the month from May to October.
The Little Red Schoolhouse is located at the intersection of West Lane and CT Rte 35 in Ridgefield, CT