Beginning on Monday, May 3rd the Ridgefield Library will expand in-Library Browsing Hours and certain in-Library services!
Our updated in-Library Browsing Hours will be:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10am-5pm
- Wednesday 10am-7pm
The health and safety of our community and staff remains our most important service priority. While we ask our patrons to restrict their stays to the minimum time needed, visitors are limited to one 60-minute visit per person per day. All visitors must wear CDC conforming masks that fully cover their nose and mouth at all times, use hand sanitizer on entry, and maintain proper social distancing while visiting the Library. Please see the Express Services FAQs for complete service details and to plan your visit.
Here are more changes that you will notice:
- Overall building capacity limits will be lifted, however in two smaller spaces, the Ellis Family Teen Center and the Lodewick Children’s Library, social distancing may restrict capacity during busy times.
- There will no longer be appointments for visiting the Children’s Library, but please be aware that at particularly busy times you may be asked to wait momentarily so that we can maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe.
- Limited seating in specific areas will be added. Use of this seating is limited to one 60-minute visit per day.
- Computer sessions will be increased to 55-minutes.
- Returned materials quarantine will be decreased to 48 hours.
- The Library will re-start Passport Appointments, more information here: https://ridgefieldlibrary.org/services/in-the-library/passports/
- Microfiche Reader will be available for up to 60 minutes.
- Public bathrooms on the Upper Level and inside the Children’s Library will be re-opened.
There are still some services which will not yet be available:
- No food/drink in the Library.
- Study Rooms and Meeting Rooms not available at this time.
- Technology Center & Makerspace not available at this time.
As pandemic conditions improve and vaccination roll-out continues we plan to continue adding in-Library services, programs and to lift remaining restrictions. This will be done with the guidance of local, state and federal authorities.
The Library continues to offer all of our popular Virtual Library services, including online programming for all ages; online individual research and technology support; access to our expanded digital collection, including our newest streaming service, Kanopy; Personalized Book Bundles; LiveChat on our website during open hours; and remote access to our catalog and Library card account services.
Patrons wishing to utilize the Contactless Lobby Pickup service for requested materials are advised to reply to their “Hold Materials Ready for Pick-up” email or to call the Circulation Team at 203-438-2282 ext.12003, to arrange for a Lobby Pickup.
We are also here to help you by phone or email from 10am-5pm Monday through Saturday:
Our outdoor book drop is open 24/7 for return of Library materials. Our indoor book drop is also open and available during open Browsing Hours. The Library continues to quarantine returned materials per recommended guidelines for your safety. Please return materials on time so that they are available for others to enjoy. Please also note that due to quarantine requirements it may take up to 48 hours for certain items to be “checked in” and no longer appear on your library account.
We are excited to take these safe steps forward. We will continue to communicate with email updates, so please be sure to join our email list, and check our website www.ridgefieldlibrary.org for current information. Thank you for your patience and support through these challenging times.