Southridge is a family office, headquartered in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Since 1996, Southridge has funded over $1.8 billion dollars into our investee companies through equity and debt structures. We offer comprehensive corporate finance solutions services, including mergers and acquisitions and capital markets consultation, as well as restructuring, debt and strategic solutions.
Our expertise lies in the ability to personalize and to execute strategic business and financial plans. Southridge deploys capital directly, with a multitude of co-funding options. Our team enjoys the challenge of discovering new ways to complete complex transactions successfully. We help small and mid-market organizations to reach their full potential.
Staffed with a seasoned team, Southridge can assist on a range of corporate issues, from the process of becoming a public company, to individualized financing techniques, to optimized balance sheet management and a full corporate restructuring. Our portfolio companies are a mix of public and private corporations, entrepreneurs, and family-owned businesses.
What you will do:
Perform duties related to the purchase, sale or holding of securities. Duties include verifying stock transactions, transfer of securities, coordination with clearance and transfer agent, tracking stock price fluctuations, computing equity, and keeping records of daily transactions and holdings.
We’re looking for a Jr. Operations Associate to join our team and support our portfolio management team. Your main focus will be;
- Corresponding with the portfolio management team and coworkers to answer inquiries or resolve account problems.
- Confer with coworkers to coordinate work activities.
- Document security transactions, such as purchases, sales, conversions, redemptions, or payments using computers, accounting ledgers, or certificate records.
- File, type, or operate standard office machines.
- File documents or records.
- Schedule and coordinate transfer and delivery of security certificates between companies and departments.
- Schedule and/or coordinate operational activities.
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Verify ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.
- Compute total holdings, dividends, interest, transfer taxes, brokerage fees, or commissions and allocate appropriate payments to customers.
- Prepare reports summarizing daily transactions and earnings for corporate accounts.
What we’re looking for
- 0-2 years of experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Meticulous attention to detail; you always cross the “t’s,” dot the “i’s,” and triple check your work
- Comfortable performing daily tasks while maintaining focus at the highest level; you get in the zone and find enjoyment in tackling tasks
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills. Ability to learn quickly and then work independently and on a team.
- Must have solid skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Someone who’s hungry for growth, and wants to learn from the ground up
Southridge is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.
Entry-level (Salary commensurate with experience)
- Clerical Work
- Financial Services
- Back Office
- General Business