Inside Town Hall: Updates from the Office of the First Selectman
Tis the Budget Season
Budget season continues as we head into deliberations by the Board of Finance.
This week kicks off with a Public Hearing tonight for the proposed FY2024 Budgets submitted by the Board of Selectmen and the Board of Education.
Starting tomorrow, there will be Board of Finance meetings throughout the week to discuss revenues and budgets for the Board of Selectmen, Board of Education, Parks & Rec and other departments. During these meetings, the Board of Finance hears from board members and carefully considers their budget requests. The meetings wrap up next week with further discussions and a vote by the Board of Finance on a budget to be voted on by the public at the Referendum.
Ridgefield residents will have their chance to cast their vote on capital items under $100,000 at the May 1st Annual Town Meeting and on all other budget items at the May 9th Budget Referendum.
Interested in attending? The meetings are open to the public!
Here is the upcoming schedule:
- Public Hearing – Monday March 27th, 7pm at East Ridge Middle School
- Board of Finance Budget Meeting – Tuesday March 28th – Thursday March 30th, 7pm at Town Hall, Large Conference Room
- Board of Finance Budget Meeting with Possible Vote – Monday April 3rd – Tuesday April 4th (Also scheduled for April 5th if needed), 7pm at Town Hall, Large Conference Room
- Annual Town Meeting – Monday May 1st, 7:30pm at The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Budget Referendum – Tuesday May 9th, 6am-8pm at East Ridge Middle School
Check out the Town Website for agendas, additional meeting information and the FY2024 Capital Improvement Plan.