Although summer is far away, one group of intrepid swimmers will start the season early. The Bronx Polar Bear Club has been taking the arctic plunge for many years.
They will perform their annual dip this year, 2018, at Orchard Beach on Saturday, February 17. And one of those frigid frolickers is Michael Max Knobbe, a veteran ice swimmer. Knobbe is not only committed to physical fitness but to charity for the Bronx homeless.
The 4th Annual Dip Against Homelessness reminds us all of the challenges our most vulnerable neighbors must deal with every minute of every day in the winter.
Sign up and learn more here.
Bring new gloves, socks, hats or scarves to Orchard Beach to donate to BronxWorks homeless service program. Donated items may also be dropped off now, through 5:00 PM, Friday February 16 at the following BronxWorks locations:
- BronxWorks Administrative Office, 60 E Tremont Ave.
- Classic Community Center, 286 E. 156th St.
- Betances Community Center, 547 E. 146th St.
- Carolyn McLaughlin Community Center, 1130 Grand Concourse
- The Living Room, 800 Barretto St.