NBC 4 New York/WNBC is teaming up with “The Kelly Clarkson Show” to offer a special opportunity to a local youth choir. Starting now and continuing through October 31, local choral groups can enter for the chance to sing at the 2021 Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting. Visit nbcnewyork.com/choir for details and to submit your entry.
“WNBC has created a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the youth of our community. Performing on the world’s holiday stage during our ‘Christmas in Rockefeller Center’ is an experience unlike any other and we are excited to offer this to one lucky youth singing group from our area,” said Eric Lerner, President and General Manager of NBC 4 New York.
WNBC’s “Star Choir” winner will be announced in November on NBC’s "The Kelly Clarkson Show".
Specific holiday singing competition rules include:
- The contest is restricted to participants residing within WNBC’s viewing areas in New York, New Jersey, Fairfield County, Connecticut and Pike County, Pennsylvania.
- Singing groups must have a minimum of 10 members and a maximum of 35 members.
- All entrants must be between the ages of 6 and 18 years of age.
- Entrants can submit a video performance of any holiday-themed song, up to 5 minutes long.
Entrants chosen for a second round:
- Will be required to submit formal parental consent to proceed in the process.
- Will be asked to perform and submit an original, :90 second performance of “Silent Night”, “Joy to the World” or “Up on a Housetop.”
The winning choir will be required to comply with all current COVID-19 protocols.