Congrats to these Rye athletes!
● The boys varsity soccer team received a number of awards at the All Section awards dinner (see caption above for individual honors). They also received the Section 1 sportsmanship award given by the Athletic Administrators Association
● All of Rye High School’s fall varsity sports teams received Scholar Athlete Team Awards from NYSPHAA, the New York State Public High School Athletic Association. To earn the moniker, a team’s average GPA for 75% of the roster must be greater than, or equal to, 90
● Senior boys varsity soccer team captain Jonathan Mehrara was named the Con Edison Scholar-Athlete for the week of December 1
● The boys varsity basketball team won the Cliff Clinton Classic Tournament sponsored by the Rye City Lions Club on December 7
● Senior girls varsity swimming and diving team captain Katie Laverty was named the Con Edison Scholar-Athlete of the week for the week of December 8
● In her debut race, freshman Leyla Murati broke Rye’s 9th grade school record for the 600M and placed second at the Section One Kickoff Meet on December 8
● The girls varsity basketball team won the Rye Rotary Holiday Classic on December 13 and 14
● Midland fourth grader Tino MacKinnon and third grader Kilian MacKinnon competed in the USA Track & Field National Junior Olympic Cross Country Championship in Wisconsin on December 14. Kilian placed 17th overall in the boys 8U 2K, and Tino placed 7th overall in the boys 9-10 3K
● Katie Coyne, Leyla Murati, Christina Nievas Molina, and Caroline Stevens broke the school’s 800 meter relay record at the New York City Armory on December 14.
Photo, Left to right: Michael Traynor (All State, All Section, All League); Nic Logan (All Section, All League); Jonathan Mehrara (Honorable Mention, All League); Coach Jonathan Tuttle; Jake Creus (All Section, Conference II, League D MVP, All League); Kai Haesslein (Honorable Mention, All League). Not pictured: Kevin Abbondanza (All League); Malcolm McQueeney (All League)