On Tuesday, November 7, national nonprofit organization, Pajama Program will launch its 10thannual “Stuff-a-Bus” campaign where Westchester schools and organizations will stuff the inside of a school bus with new pajamas and books to be given to the children and teens Pajama Program serves.
From November 7-14, Pajama Program’s decorated school bus, which is donated by County Coach each year, will make stops around Westchester County to collect the new pajamas and books to fill the inside of the bus.
“For the past 10 years, this campaign has been hugely successful and has demonstrated the generosity and caring spirit of the Westchester community,” says Westchester resident and founder of Pajama Program, Genevieve Piturro. “The enthusiasm is contagious. It’s heartwarming to watch the school children pour out of the schools — many dressed in pajamas — with armloads of new books and pajamas, excited to help other children. Last year we collected 6,104 pajamas and 2,383 books and it looks like we may have even more this year!”
Pajama Program is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which believes that every child, no matter their circumstances, has the inherent right to a loving good night, complete with the comforting bedtime ritual of changing into clean, warm pajamas and enjoying an enchanting story. Pajama Program’s mission is to support the completion of the 24-hour Good Day Loop for all children. Pajama Program offers at-risk children, often abandoned, abused and neglected, and living in group homes, shelters and temporary housing, the unconditional, magical gifts of new pajamas and new books so that they can enjoy the greatest benefit of a loving bedtime and peaceful good night: a fulfilling good day. To date, Pajama Program has collected and distributed 5 million pairs of new pajamas and books.
Please see below for a schedule of this year’s participating Stuff-a-Bus schools and organizations.
**PLEASE NOTE: Participants who have approved media attendance/filming are in RED.
Tuesday, November 7th
· 9:30am-10:00am – Ursuline School (1354 North Avenue, New Rochelle) (some students excluded from filming)
· 10:30am-11:00am – Colonial School (315 Highbrook Avenue, Pelham)
· 11:15am-11:45am – Hutchinson School (301 Third Avenue, Pelham)
· 12:00pm-12:15pm – Pelham Middle School (28 Franklin Place, Pelham)
Wednesday, November 8th
· 9:15am-9:45am – Siwanoy School (489 Siwanoy Place, Pelham)
· 10:00-10:30am – Prospect Hill School (1000 Washington Avenue, Pelham)
· 11:15am-11:45am – Temple Beth-El Nursery (220 S. Bedford Road, Chappaqua)
· 1:00pm-1:30pm – Bedford Road School (289 Bedford Road, Pleasantville)
Thursday, November 9th
· 9:30am-10:00am – Heathcote School (26 Palmer Road, Scarsdale)
· 10:20am-10:50am – Scarsdale Middle School (134 Mamaroneck Avenue, Scarsdale)
· 11:15am-11:45am – Westchester Day School (856 Orienta Ave, Mamaroneck)
Monday, November 13th
· 9:30am-10:00am – Springhurst School (175 Walgrove Avenue, Dobbs Ferry)
· 10:15am-10:45am – Dobbs Ferry High School & Dobbs Ferry Middle School (505 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry)
· 11:30am-12:00pm – Todd School (45 Ingham Road, Briarcliff)
· 12:30pm-1:00pm – Carrie Tompkins (8 Gerstein Street, Croton on Hudson)
Tuesday, November 14th
· 9:30am-10:00am – Cottle Elementary School (2 Siwanoy Blvd, Eastchester)
· 10:30am-11:00am – Dodson School (105 Avondale Road, Yonkers)
· 11:20am-11:30am – Westchester Bank (2001 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers)
· 12:30pm-1:30pm – Pep Rally at Yonkers Montessori School (160 Woodlawn Avenue, Yonkers) with Yonkers Chamber of Commerce
Additionally, a Pep Rally will be held at the Yonkers Montessori Academy (160 Woodlawn Avenue, Yonkers) with Yonkers Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, November 14 at 12:30PM to announce the week’s total donations. Members of Pajama Program, including Pajama Program’s Founder, Genevieve Piturro and Executive Director, Jamie Dyce, will be in attendance and available for media interviews.
Sponsors for “Stuff a Bus” 2017 include: Carter’s Inc., Scholastic, Bob’s Discount Furniture, County Coach, Target, WVOX 1460AM, Modell’s Sporting Goods, Shydlo Communications, The Westchester Bank, Mt. Carmel Pharmacy, Entergy, 94.3 WFAS, and Sam’s Club
For more information on Pajama Program, please visit: www.pajamaprogram.org
WATCH Pajama Program, Our Story: http://pajamaprogram.org/about-us/