Re-opening New York
Governor Cuomo has outlined a process for exiting NYS on PAUSE. To begin the process, 8 benchmarks must first be met; after which businesses may reopen in four separate phases; each phase is comprised of different categories of business.
- 14-day decline in hospitalizations OR under 15 new hospitalizations (3-day avg)
- 14-day decline in hospital deaths OR fewer than 5 deaths (3-day avg)
- New Hospitalizations (under 2 per 100k residents – 3 day rolling avg)
- Share of total beds available (threshold at 30%)
- Share of ICU beds available (threshold of 30%)
- 30 tests per 1k residents (7-day average of new tests per day)
- At least 30 contact tracers per 100k residents
- Metrics met across the region, and risk/reward analysis completed.
The following table shows where regions currently stand. Note: Westchester County is in the Mid-Hudson region.
Once the Mid-Hudson region has met these benchmarks then we can begin a phased reopening. It is important to emphasize that all metrics must be met to begin the re-opening process.