Market Closed This Week For Thanksgiving, Then Reopens Indoors Dec. 3
Look around. Leaves are down. There's a brisk air in the town, and snow on many of our farms. Perfect timing for the start of our cozy, INDOOR Market season. Throughout the winter, when the weather outside is frightful, the Market inside is still delightful.
From Opening Day next Saturday, December 3, through March 25, the delicious good time is held within the Pleasantville Middle School cafeteria, at 40 Romer Avenue. It's a great way to support regional agriculture and eat healthy, year-round - with plenty of warm smiles and community togetherness thrown in too.
Between daily steps to ensure that their mesclun, fruit tarts, wild-caught seafood, fresh breads, and other items are ready for you on December 3, our vendors are getting a bit of time this week to reflect upon the success of another outdoor season where shoppers continued their support.
Now that the 2016 outdoor season is in the books, we'd like to say a great big Thank You to everyone who has made our season a success: our farmers and vendors, among the best in the Hudson Valley; our visiting musicians, activity leaders, food educators and culinary experts; our fantastic Sponsors and Business Supporters; our full-time and volunteer staff and Board, and of course, our loyal customers. Thanks for coming back again and again, and continuing to make the Pleasantville Farmers Market part of your weekend ritual as we move through the winter.
Open When, and Park Where?
Starting December 3, you may visit our Indoor Market Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm. And please, we ask even our most eager early birds to adhere to the 9:00am start to allow our vendors the opportunity to prepare. Click here for directions to the Indoor Market. Click here for a map showing our three parking lots and nearby street parking.
Who's here this year?
The Indoor Map of the Market is up, displaying where vendors visiting Saturday, December 3 will be located in the marketplace. You can also have a look at the vendor roster for this winter by clicking here -- note that each vendor's "Frequency" is listed, clarifying how often they will visit indoors each month. Some highlights for this winter’s Market include:
- Aba’s Falafel will join the Indoor Market for the first time. Renowned for their freshly made falafel in the outdoor season, indoors they’ll switch menus to offer a vegan shakshuka, based upon a popular breakfast dish originating from North Africa. Served with tahini sauce and cabbage salad - this is great as a snack at the Market, or to take home
- Teagevity will join the Indoor Market, continuing their success in introducing shoppers to hot and iced teas, made with Teagevity’s own custom tea blends using Organic teas from around the world and regional herbs
- The River Garden will bring to the Indoor Market (December 3, 10, 17) their stunning dried floral craft items, and for the first time, beautiful holiday wreaths too
- Prepared foods are present at the Market for those planning some easy nights in the kitchen over the holidays. Home cooks can obtain ingredients for classic seasonal dishes to make at home all winter, but they can also benefit from prepared meal items available at the Market from vendors such as Pika’s Farm Table, Go-Go Pops and Trotta Foods
- Shop the Market for the holidays to find unique, giftable food items such as creative chutneys, jams, granolas, honey, maple syrups, fruit tarts, strudels or pies
- In addition to crafted items from weekly vendors such as Hudson River Apiaries (beeswax candles), shoppers can gather holiday items from Seasonal Vendors such as Tree Juice Maple Syrup, Alpacatrax (skeins of wool and finished wool items) and The River Garden
What To Do In Pleasantville THIS Saturday?
This Saturday is Small Business Saturday. Help small businesses do more business this holiday season. The Market is a Pleasantville-based not-for-profit, proud to be a part of the great attractions that make Pleasantville a wonderful place to visit and to live. We encourage community members to check out the many places to shop and dine in our Village by visiting the Pleasantville Chamber of Commerce site. Many of these businesses contribute directly to the Market as Business Supporters and we've listed them below with live links. While supporting these businesses, let them know you appreciate their support of the Market.
The Market THANKS the following local businesses for being 2016 Business Supporters of the Pleasantville Farmers Market: