Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino, Jr. announced that today, Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018, he and members of his staff will attend National Night Out celebrations being held at nine police stations, parks and other locations throughout Westchester County.
National Night Out (NNO) is a nationwide event aimed at strengthening police-community partnerships and generating further awareness about the safety in our communities. Thousands of communities in all 50 states participate. Community events are planned throughout Westchester.
The District Attorney’s Office, along with other public safety professionals, will join members of our community to promote safety and unity.
Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino, Jr. said, “I am happy to once again be joining and supporting our partners in law enforcement and public safety, and all residents of Westchester, during National Night Out. We are dedicated to creating a safer community; and a safe community is a connected community. This annual summer event provides a wonderful opportunity for residents to meet our staff as they enjoy an evening making positive connections within their own neighborhoods.”
Each NNO location will feature family-friendly activities, entertainment, demonstrations and presentations designed to connect with and inform the community about crime prevention and safety. NNO will also provide opportunities for all community members to get to know their law enforcement officers.
The District Attorney’s Office will have a table at each location. Our staff looks forward to meeting members of the communities we serve.
DA staff at National Night Out location in Westchester
Date: Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018
- Peekskill Police Dept., North Division Street, between Main & Park streets 5-8 p.m.
- New Rochelle Police Dept., 475 North Ave. 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Yonkers 1st Precinct at Andrus Field, Central Park Ave. 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Yonkers 2nd Precinct at Coyne Park, 777 McLean Ave. 6-9 p.m.
- Yonkers 3rd Precinct at Sullivan’s Oval Park, Van Cortland Park and Spruce Street 5-9 p.m.
- Yonkers 4th Precinct at JFK Marina Pavilion, John F. Kennedy Memorial Drive 5-9 p.m.
- White Plains Police Dept., Public Safety Headquarters, 77 S. Lexington Ave. 6-9 p.m.
- Mount Vernon: Hartley Park, 215 Gramatan Ave. 5-8 p.m.
- Greenburgh: Town Hall, 177 Hillside Ave. 6-9 p.m.